CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

We planted a garden!

The first week we moved to Riverton Derek's parents asked us to plant a garden in their back yard. We were willing but quite honestly had no idea what we were doing. We relied on seed package directions as well as a few things I remember growing up helping my Dad in his garden. It was a lot of fun. Marshall loved digging, Elise loved watching, Maggie (dog) loved trampling, and Derek and I loved designing! This is where I wonder out loud if I should have even posted this because the whole garden is now overrun with weeds and who knows if it holds a prayer of growing something edible. I suppose in the end I am happy to report we learned a lot and enjoyed such a fun family activity.
Elise played the part of Garden manager grunting at us at random times letting us know if the placement of seeds was just right (or because she wanted a cracker).


Marshall played the part of garden worker and dog keeper. He worked his little bum off digging in the dirt and telling Maggie, "Get out!!"

Derek played the part of Garden I-am-the-one-that-did-most-of-the-work and I really think he loved every minute. I played the part of pretend-I-know-what-I-am-doing and biggest supporter of the one that did most of the work :).
Overall a rockin family past-time.

0 comments: