CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dad's Day

Holidays are getting better and better every year. Marshall is starting to understand how fun they are and really gets into them. This year for Dad's day Marshall and I got up early and decorated a tie for Derek to wear to church. Lucky for Derek it wasn't dry in time and he didn't have to (I mean get to) wear it. But it is happily hanging in the closet for him to look at and feel loved. Marshall also decorated a box for Derek to put his keys and wallet in (as well as the other million items he has collected in his pockets throughout the day). The whole day Marshall told Derek, "Happy Father's Day!" Derek is truly the best Dad. I love him for his patience, kindness, and understanding. He loves being a Dad and loves the kids. I am grateful for him everyday. We love you Da-Da Derek! And a happy shout out to my own father and father-in-law. Not only are you awesome Dads but exemplary Grandpas! :)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you got it right. Derek is a great dad and a lucky one. He has you, Marshall and Elise.