CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

That little stinker!

I am still many blogs behind, even though I change the date to appear differently for journal purposes. Having said that I am actually quite excited to post this blog about a bad habit that Marshall is overcoming! At the time I was one FRUSTRATED Mama but now there is hope! What am I talking about? Oh, just your typical two-year old naughtiness.

Marshall loves to go on walks and so do I but for a while there it was just WAY too much work. Marshall didn't want to listen and insisted on doing his own thing which is to be expected of his age but it was getting to the point where I was chasing him (and he is very fast) all over the complex screaming, "Marshall!" I am sure everyone around here knows us by now as the lady that screams at and can't control her child. To his credit, this is not always the case. It happened twice where I actually lost him and about had a heart attack. In each case a friend found him for me for which I am deeply grateful. One of the times my friend saved him from being hit by a big truck.

That was the rock bottom for me. I told Derek I could no longer take Marshall outside (I know dramatic). But then we implemented the "monkey backpack" and life has been much smoother! Hooray for that! Happy to report we are doing much better! :)


1 comments:

McAllister said...

I am glad I am not alone. Davis will not stay with me in public and he has turned it into a big chasing/hide and seek game. (maybe its a toddler boy thing?)

I just barely got a "leash backpack" and I am so excited to use it! I hope he keeps it on.

When are you guys moving up here? I am excited to see your cute little family!