CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Conquering the Binkie!


Transitions are hard but necessary. At first we tried the transition from the crib to the car bed. Derek and I were not ready to give up the crib but Marshall discovered he could climb out and also he begged us to put him in his car bed every night. We have tried it on and off (sometimes we would just put him right back into the crib). Well, a few weeks ago he started chewing holes in all of his binkies. He chewed the last one two Sundays ago (Dec 7th). I wasn't about to go to the store to get a new one so we told him no more binkies. It has now been a week and a half (a rough week and a half!) and he is better able to go to sleep on his own. We moved back into the crib completely because two transitions was too much to handle. Now that he has sleeping mastered without a binkie we hope to move him into the car bed after Christmas.

If you ask Marshall if he is a big boy he will tell you, "Yeah!" and "bye bye Mimi, trash." (mimi is what he adorably called his binkie). He hasn't even asked about it in two days. Hooray!!! We conquered the binkie. If you know Marshall you know this is a big feat. He has slept with one every day of his life. Yep, even the first day of his life. Good job big boy! ;)

6 comments:

Linds said...

Yeah! I'm glad things are getting better!

Denise said...

Funny that he's chewed holes in them, because people told me to cut holes in them to get kids to loose interest.

BTW, the best transition we've had from crib to bed is this: Put them to sleep in the crib, and then after they're asleep move them to the bed. Then they wake up there and realize it's for sleeping, not playing. Also, lock them into their room in some way (baby gate or door lock) so they don't think they can just come out because they're not in the crib. That's worked tremendously for us!

Alyson said...

Yeah! That is a big milestone. Next ... potty training! You can do it Marshall.

Heidi said...

All of your posts are adorable! By the way, I'm pregnant!!!! Just thought I'd tell you!

Fortune Cookies said...

Cute bed! Hey, I lost your e-mail address to "invite" you to our blog! If you could e-mail us, we'll e-mai you! haha. Hope you had a great christmas! jgcook29@gmail.com
Tiffany

Marissa said...

Awesome! I am not looking forward to that day to come! Ahh...it was torture with Maleelah! I am glad all is doing well. i hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!