CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

December is such a busy month. Every year I tell myself I am not going to stretch myself thin and get all Christmas projects and preparations done early, with as little money as possible spent too I need to add, but it never seems to work. Thankfully I love it!
Thanksgiving was so AMAZING this year. Derek's parents gave us some points from their time share (I don't know exactly how it works but I know it was very generous of them and we SO appreciated it!). We stayed in a brand new resort in Carlsbad. We invited my family to come and stay with us. We had a two bedroom, two bath, and fully equipped kitchen. This was my first year making Thanksgiving dinner and it was so much fun! I loved planning and preparing and then cooking with my Mom, two of my sisters, and of course Derek! We had so much fun enjoying the pool, tennis courts, playing ping-pong, going to the beach, attending the San Diego temple, seeing the beautiful sites of Cabrillo National Park, and visiting the Zoo!
-The View from our Resort-

-The Resort-




-The Resort Entertainment-


-The Zoo-
Who knew that they take the Cheetah for a daily walk and that her companion is a dog? (pictured is her caretaker- not the dog :))


-The Beach-


-Cabrillo National Park-





There really is so much to be thankful for. I feel especially overwhelmed with gratitude this year for my family members, for having good and caring friends, the gospel of Jesus Christ and for having a healthy and thriving little boy. I am also grateful for how much I have grown this year. This year has truly been, for me, one of strengthening. Thank you to all my loved ones!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I love Carlsbad! So beautiful... Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving to me!! I miss you!

Linds said...

What a fun time! You look great! I'm excited you're doing so well!

Alyson said...

Wow, what fun you had. I love all of your pictures. You are a good photographer. Also, what adorable pictures of Marshall you've been taking. What a cute boy! We missed you all at Thanksgiving but are grateful for you and look foward to spending New Years together.

ZiggyandFamily said...

Such beautiful pictures!! I'm living in the wrong state; I want to take the cheetah for a walk!!!! :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Healthy New Year. Sis. Siglin

Michelle said...

I LOVE that picture of you, Derek, and Marshall at the beach! It sounds like a blast.