My friends have recently got me hooked on the recipe magazine, Taste of Homes, which I absolutely love! It is so funny to think that I used to dislike cooking! When we got married I was seriously worried about how I was going to provide good meals that Derek was used to (his Mom is an awesome cook!) and also give our children the nutrition they would need. I think my dislike stemmed from all the food science classes I had to take for my major, dietetics. We had to weigh and measure everything just right, follow a recipe to the line, analyze, compare... Derek is the one that taught me to enjoy cooking and that you can vary a recipe and throw just about whatever you want into a meal. Now I love cooking and am always looking for a good recipe! Here are some of our favorites- some are from the magazine and others are ones we've collected. If you want the recipe let me know!
I use these ingredients in a lot of my recipes-

Aloha Pizza-

Avocado Pizza- (And I just a killer recipe for chicken alfredo pizza in my taste of home magazine!)

Herbed Artichoke Cheese Tortellini-

Beef stuffed Zucchini-

Egg Rolls with Sweet Mustard Sauce (Mom Walton's recipe!), Dan-Dan Noodles, Mongolian Beef with Rice (Brad's recipes!) Not the best picture but the most yummy stuff!
6 comments:
Will you be putting these recipes in the R.S. book? I'd love to get them...
wow, you are cooking good stuff. I so miss doing dinners with you guys. Hopefully someday I can get into it again.
I'm coming for dinner, OK? Your healthy cooking pays off. You and Derek look so nice and trim in your previous entry pics, and I can't say enough about cute, smart, adorable Marshall. Perfect family.
I am feeling somewhat guilty about the prepackaged cheese and bacon angus burgers we had last night and will have again this night. Sure you don't want to come live with us and cook?
Yummy! I should not have looked at this post right before dinner. :) I'll take the Aloha pizza and ALL the Asian food recipes. :) I LOVE the avocado pizza recipe and have made it several times!
YUMMMMM!!!! May I add these to my menu plan?!
Sis. Siglin
Post a Comment