CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Prayer helps

As parents you always hope your kids learn to do whats right, to be happy, to handle well what gets thrown at them. And every once in a while you get to see what you have been teaching them manifest in their actions. We had such a sweet moment today.

We went to get Marshall's stitches removed today. We prepped him all day telling him that it wouldn't hurt and he could have a sucker when it was all done. When we got there they had me hold a wet compress to his head to soften the stitches. He doesn't like to sit still and especially didn't like me touching his wound. He grew anxious so I started to sing songs to calm him when all of the sudden he looks up at me and folds his arms. He does this when he wants to pray. Prayer is something Marshall really enjoys doing. He is always reminding us to pray before meals and before bedtime. He is now in the habit of asking me if we can pray before naptime too. When I saw this simple action by my sweet son I was really touched. I know that he has felt the spirit and the comforting power of prayer. As a mother this brings so much comfort and happiness. I hope this is something he remembers and draws on his whole life. So right there in the little room we said a prayer for Marshall to be brave (and me!) and for everything to go smoothly and it really did. Marshall remained calm through the entire process.

I am so thankful for prayer. I am thankful for the knowledge that there is a loving Father who knows our situation, who wants whats best for us, and is so willing to bless us.

6 comments:

Trenda said...

That's a sweet story. Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

What a great story! I'm glad you recorded this so you can tell him when he's older. He has great examples as parents.

Hilary said...

I have witnessed Marshall's love of prayers. It is very sweet. That's really neat that he wanted to pray at the hospital. How is it we can learn so much from a 23month old?

Matt and Jessica said...

That is the sweetest thing i have ever heard you are such a good mom!!! Im so sorry about the accident that totally sucks. Poor little cute man.

Alyson said...

Great thoughts Ash! I am going to Drew's class today to do a birthday spotlight and poster (yes, I know his birthday is in August, but there is no school then so we always get odd weeks durning the year to celebate their birthdays). Anyhow, I have a picture of Drew and Marshall on his poster. I also noticed a book that Cayden made called "star babies baby marshall." In looking at it Drew appears to be the bad guy and Marshall the good guy. Anyhow . . . have a great day!

ZiggyandFamily said...

What a wonderful mammy you are! He has felt your sweet spiritual connection with Heavenly Father!

Kathy Siglin