CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Marshall-isms

In my family we love to share the creative language of our children. We call these -isms. I think it all started with my nephew Drew. To this day Derek and I still quote at least one cute thing each of Marshall's cousins have said at some time or other:
Morgan- "I want to hold you" when she wanted picked up
Brynne- "What happened Mom?" with each syllable articulated very clearly
Drew- "That is SO AWESOME!" when he is describing just about anything
Alex- "You not He-wee? You Ash-y!" WHen he was young trying to figure out which aunt was which
Cayden- "Stuck! Stuck!" exclaimed loudly while being held tightly by his Dad during the family prayer at my Grandpa Johnson's funeral (this sweet comic relief was most welcome)
Isaac - "I take care him!" when he was "babysitting" Marshall over the summer
Adam- his really isn't a quote and more of a facial expression - his smile is priceless
Zane- "If people love each other they stop working and play" said while trying to talk his Dad into stop building a fence at my parents house and come play with him
Annie- hers isn't a quote either but a hand gesture. When you hurt her feelings she pats the top of her head, very cute!

Well now that Marshall is learning new words and is continually keeping us highly entertained with all his cuteness it is our turn to share -isms in the form of stories:
*Marshall was doing something naughty and I exclaimed, "Marshall James Walton!" His reply was, "Jesus" while he pointed to a picture of Christ on our wall. It was his way of saying, "What would Jesus do, Mom?" He got off easy that time. :)
*Lately when he is asked a question he will think about it and say "Uhhhhh, Yeah!"
*When he drops something or needs help sometimes he will say, "Uh-oh guys!"
*One of his best buddies speaks Spanish and Marshall has picked up on a few of the words. When he wants more of something he alternates between saying "More!" and "Mas!" He also says, "Si!"
*Marshall LOVES baseball and it turns out football and basketball too so sometimes we will pull up a game on ESPN.com for him to watch. Of course he claps and even does a dance because he is so excited but when a commercial comes on he is freaking out and signing more repeating over and over "more, more, more, mas, mas, mas!" Doesn't quite get the concept of commercials yet.
*And my favorite Marshall-ism is his latest phrase, "Mama!" He has been saying, "Dada" since he was one and even though he could say Mama he never referred to or called me Mama. I really wanted him to start so we taught him hide and seek and while looking for Mama or Dada he had to call out our names. He has been calling me "Mama" ever since and it is music to my ears!

And of course every good post has to have a few pictures of the stinker!
Spending quality time with his Dad, a real treasure especially during this crazy quarter and the looming 12 stations!


a trip to the beach which we took before this quarter started.


And the cool kid eating his veggies, awesome right? :)

7 comments:

Linds said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Marshall is old enough for isms :) Too cute. What are the 12 stations or whatever the 12 things were? (short memory problems)

GramaKat said...

Loved this, as always. Also the one before this, about prayer. I am such a lucky grandma and great grandma to have the three of you in my life.

Anonymous said...

It just occurred to me that Marshall is going to turn into a channel flipper - to get rid of the commercials. - so sad :) I am not a fan of remote flipping.

Hilary said...

I'm in shock - How did you get a picture of Marshall eating? I didn't know that kid knew how to stop long enough to eat? With that one minor flaw, he is seriously too cute!! Thanks for putting a nice smile on my face at the end of a long day! (And thanks for reminding me of cute things my children have said!)

Holly said...

Miss you guys!

Matt and Jessica said...

Don't you just love when they talk. It seriously is the cutest funniest thing ever. I love the last picture. Hope you are doing well!!!