CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last Week before school (a little late)

Well, we finished off the summer with a bang! We played, wrapped up projects, and just enjoyed life together. The night before Derek's first day back I called a friend and told her how sad I was feeling. I told her I knew it was silly because I needed to get used to it because it is the next 3 years of my life! She laughed and then told me that, no, it is the rest of my life! Oddly, it cheered me up. I told myself "buck up little camper" and moved forward one foot at a time. It is still an adjustment but thats why I always say, thank goodness for friends and hobbies. :)
Here are some of our last week happiness:
Sea World baby! Thanks again, Mom and Dad!
Just chillin at home.
After a bath- what a cutie!

Playing the game we've become obsessed with- how else are we supposed to play with a busy little guy on the loose? Yeah, we didn't try that again. We moved to a card table. :)
Eating a teething biscuit- the sound effects are the best, too bad its just a picture.
Enjoying the pool...and a hat strap.

Now onto another school-filled week, but the good news is that the world keeps turning and we just keep smiling! Hard not to with Marshall Man making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (even if he is being a teether)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the new pictures of everyone and especially the Marshall Man. I think you should try one of those teething biscuits when you get lonely for Derek. Then you won't have to gnash your teeth in loneliness.

Linds said...

What great pictures! I think that your Mom's advice is the best! Don't worry I'm sure you'll keep very busy with that little guy on the loose! Miss you so much!

Hilary said...

It's a happy day when Ashley puts so many fun pictures on her blog! You guys really did have a great summer, eh?! If you get too bored or sad, you know who to call! Mom is always there for you! :) :) :)

Marissa said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! We have to get together now that school has started :) Don't worry, it will be ok. Marshall will keep you busy :) Its for the good, you will miss these moments later on in life. cherish every second.

Denise said...

I can't imagine any SAHM getting bored, but I hear they do. At least your hubby gets to come home every night, unlike certain relatives of yours! :)

Good luck to Derek. Hopefully it will be much easier than he anticipates.