You mothers out there will understand especially new mothers...
So, the other day Marshall and I were both taking naps- Marshall in his bassinett in the living room and me in my bed. I hear him start to fuss indicating he was hungry so I got up and thought I would quickly go to the bathroom. While I am in the bathroom (with the door open so I could hear him) I all of the sudden hear noises in the living room and then a man's voice (not Dereks). The man's voice is coming directly toward the bathroom and I am freaking out! I was thinking a million things- should I run and grab Marshall? Where is my phone? Where is Derek? Are we all going to die? Well, turns out it was a maintenance man from SCCO (Derek's school and they are our landlords). He had the wrong apartment! He had come to fix a garage door and the persons door he was to fix told him he would not be at home and to just come right in. He felt really bad and he is a nice guy but HOLY COW was I scared out of my witts!
Scarey experience number two. We have a lot of laundry to do. Its hard to do it sometimes because Derek is gone at school and the laundry room is a building away and I don't want to leave Marshall. The other day he was sleeping and I decided it would be okay if I lock all the doors and run and throw a load in. As I am leaving the locked apartment I realize I don't have an apartment key or my cell phone. Another moment of a million thoughts. I could just picture my baby screaming and me not getting to him. I finally decided to go to a neighbor friend across the way to borrow her cell phone to get a hold of Derek but then I remember that Derek used the backdoor earlier that day. Sure enough the back door was open. All of this happened in less than a minute and nothing bad happened, but again, I was mighty afraid!
Now about the 1/2 scared. Yesterday we dressed Marshall in his Red Sox shirt. This is the second time he has worn it. The last time he wore it didn't last very long because he peed all over it. Same thing happened. He peed all over it! I am thinking to myself what a funny coincidence. After I change him we go into his room and decide to try the car bed out for size. I lay him on his Red Sox sheets and pillow case and he spit up all over them! The kid hardly has peeing accidents anymore now that we have figured out how to avoid them and he never spits up. The scarey part of the story isn't that he doesn't like the Red Sox. We can deal with that. But what if he becomes a Yankees fan!!

5 comments:
Ash, you are hilarious! The last line in the blog about Marshall becoming a Yankee fan is a classic. I'm rolling on the floor!
What is it with you Ross girls locking yourselves (and others) out of our homes??? ;)
That would freak me out to have a guy come into my apt, let alone while I'm, well, unavailable to check it out ...
Again, as long as Marshall is a BYU fan, that's all that really matters ... :)
Holy scary! I would have died right then and there!
What a day! Its amazing what little people know and we gon't even have a clue. Poor Red Sox but I agree about the Yankees. Which bathroom were you in? What an awful experience. I think people should always knock first - just in case.
Here's a comment Dad e-mailed me. I just had to post it!
Ash:
I don’t want to any grandchild of mine being a Yankees fan!!! Tell Marshall to quite doing his thing on the Red Sox blankets and clothes. Is he going swimming with me on December 21st?? Love, Dad
Post a Comment