I haven't posted in a long time. Lots of reasons (excuses)-
~we lost our camera
~we got a new computer and took a while to set it up
~we got a new camera and are still figuring it out
~I don't have any photo shop on this computer so I can't fix pictures to my liking (oh-well)
~and the most important and time consuming is that I have been sick, tired, and pregnant (17 weeks tomorrow)
I suppose these pictures are a bit out of order and I haven't figured out how to fix that- I am just grateful I am actually posting! The first pic is of my cute kiddos playing together. I love it when they play and laugh together. It is becoming more frequent and did I mention I LOVE IT?
This picture quality is terrible but the people in it are cute. We have made it to Rawlins and my parents have made it here several times since we moved to Riverton. I LOVE being close to family and so do my kiddos.
Another terrible quality pic- this one because my camera had been out in the car on a very cold night but I wanted to post this one because even with being grainy and blurry (and Linz's eyes are closed), I love it. This March I lost my Grandmother, whom we lovingly called Tilly. This was hard for me. I didn't think it would be because she was so sick and just ready to be out of pain. I am grateful in that regard but she has always been a constant in my life and I miss her. My brother Brandon flew in from Florida (the smarty is getting his doctorate in engineering!) and I LOVED seeing him. A funeral is a sad reason to get together but I am just so grateful we were ALL together. I know Tilly was happy too. I love my siblings. They make me laugh and I am grateful for their support.
For Christmas I made Elise and cousin Melissa matching dresses. They are Easter dresses and I guess I was feeling ambitious but I am grateful now because I was too sick to have made them in March or April. Love these girls and all their cuteness.
Another biggie this year is that Derek's little brother Parker left on his mission to Portugal! Well, actually he goes to Portugal next week and is still in the MTC. We totally miss him (especially the kiddos) but are so grateful for him and his example! It has been so great living in the same town as Derek's parents. Parker lived with them the few months before he left and we got to see him a lot.
Marshall is still our funny man! Constantly cracking us up and wowing us with his comments. I have some pretty funny Marshallisms I need to post. He finished his first year of preschool and really enjoyed it. He just had his track and field day of sorts a few weeks ago and did really well for being one of the youngest in his class. He got 1st in the long jump and 2nd in the running race. He got last in the high jump. He just couldn't figure out how to jump (I think he was over-thinking it) and was a little uncoordinated. He goes back next year because he misses kindergarten by a month! He is also quite the social bug. He is happiest playing with friends or going on dates with Grandma Walton. So proud of this cute kid. Can't believe he turns 5 this year!
Derek turned 30! We had a little party for him at Mom and Dad Walton's house. My parents came up and it was a great weekend. This year I put together a book for Derek. I asked our families to send me memories and reasons why they love Derek and along with some pictures, I made a pretty nice present special for D's 30th.
We did a picture similar to this one with Marshall. This is our updated version. Will have to do it again when #3 comes in November!
I am just posting this one cuz Elise is super cute and I love her cowgirl look.
This is a picture of the first Sunday that Elise went to nursery. She did really well that first day then digressed. She is so funny. We would take her in and she would park it in the nursery's rocking chair with thumb and blanket. Apparently she is very protective of her chair and doesn't let other kids sit in it when she decides to venture out. The nursery leaders have told us that she is more social now. :)
Another Elise picture- this is just to show that she is super close to turning 2. In fact, she thinks she already has. She has mastered fit-throwing and mischief-making. I always say the number one thing she is good at is warming people's hearts and in a very close second is her ability to make a huge mess in record time.
This last pic shows what we have always said would happen. Elise would grow up and figure out how to "get Marshall back for his bullying." Maybe thats why they play so much better together now? Marshall doesn't dish it out anymore because he knows she can take him haha! Admittedly, they still do their fair share of sibling fighting but happily life is mostly full of smiles. They are both excited for new baby brother or sister. With kids this ADORABLE it would be wrong for us not to have anymore! :)
And there is our update. Now lets see how long it takes me to post again....

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
So you finally decided to put up some other pictures instead of me, huh? :) You picked some major cute ones. Your kids really are super duper cute. I'm lovin' Elise the cowgirl!
Turns out I'm logged in as Lee somehow instead of myself. So "Lee" really is "Hilary" :)
I love all of your pictures. I look at this post when I am lonesome for you guys - at least once a day. Thanks for posting.
Congrats on #3! Your kids are growing up so fast! Hope life continues to be wonderful! It was fun to read your update! What cute kiddos!
Post a Comment