CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

MERRY HALLOWEEN!

Derek busted out this 'Christmas theme' idea and it was so fun putting it together. The best part is that it wasn't just us, but Derek's parents, my parents, and my sister Lindsey.
Derek: Santa Clause
Ashley: Mrs. Clause
Marshall: Christmas Tree
Elise: Elf
My sister Lindsey: A present
Mom and Dad Ross: Christmas Carolers
Mom and Dad Walton: Reindeer

I love the trunk or treat. Its great seeing what people come up with for costumes. There is always some super-creativity going on! This year we all got to walk across the stage to 'model' our Halloween costumes. I don't know what part I thought was better, Elise toddling across the stage in her elf get-up or my parents leading us in, "We wish you a Merry Christmas." We won "most holiday spirit" this year. I thought that was a very fitting title.
-
We even entered a Santa Clause pumpkin into the pumpkin contest.
-
Marshall's favorite part was, of course, the candy gathering a.k.a. trunk-or-treating. He picked Aunt Lindsey to take him around.
-
We decked our car out in bows of holly. hahahahaha I mean lalalalalalala.
Santa Clause handed out Christmas putty and silly bands that were in a lovely wrapped Christmas present. We hung a wreath from our car and decorated a tree. We played Christmas carols and even did an occasional merry dance (but only when we were cold :)). It was a total blast. We have to do family themes as long as we can -ya know until our kids figure out they get a choice.
:)

-
-
-
Halloween at the library-

There were lots of parties to be had this year and one was hosted by the library. They put on a play and then had a trick-or-treat around the library. Here are the kiddos right before the play.
I got to take Kira too. She made a lovely Rapunzel. Funny story- when Marshall saw her costume he decided that instead of being a Christmas tree he should be "the guy in tangled, ya know Mom, the guy that is with Rapunzel. He wears that thing. I want to look like him." Flynn Ryder? Well, Marshall is as cool as that dashing hero but I convinced him to stick with the Christmas tree.

Grandma came to take the kiddos trick-or-treating. I dressed Elise in a dress my sister-in-law made. When her daughter, Annie, wore it for Halloween my brother-in-law dubbed it the "Hallowrina" dress. So, there you have it. Elise got to be "hallowrina" and an elf this year.
-
I didn't get any pictures of just the kids in their costumes so as an after thought after the fact I took this one of Elise. She is missing her hat and tutu but still so dang cute.
-
-
-
-
-
Halloween Party #3

Well, it could technically be called #4 because Marshall got to have another party at school too. Halloween, such a fun holiday.

My mother-in-law and I decided to make a "halloween themed dinner."
The dinner included: hot dog mummies, bloody eyes,
monster fingers,
dead men's hands with veggie burgers,
and spider web chips and dip.
We also had dirt in worms for desert. It was awesome.-
We were lucky ducks and ended the night at a friend's home, the Wrights. They fed us DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls and hot chili. It was so much fun. Fun to laugh with friends as well as Marshall's mad skills at handing out candy. See two posts down to see just how awesome.

Merry Halloween!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow and this was just 1 holiday? You need a picture of Elise toddling in her tutu. Never going to happen again. That food is seriously creepy looking - how fun.

GramaKat said...

What a fun Halloween you had. Wish I could have been there to see you all, but the pictures helped fill the void.

Jeri said...

Marshall and Cholie were really cute passing out candy