CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy 4th Anniversary Marshall!

Marshall is one loved little guy! I guess I shouldn't call him little as he informs me that he is getting bigger! And its true, he impresses me everyday with his whit, excellent memory, and his ability to soak up knowledge. I appreciate his love of life and enthusiasm for even small things. I love his thoughtful prayers and that he loves to sing. I love his goofy laugh and silly expressions. I love that he loves to learn and asks to learn more! I love playing games with him and the fact that he beats me at memory over and over again. He loves the scriptures and I love reading them with him. Hearing his renditions of the stories which are amazingly accurate, blows me away and makes me so happy. We love-love-love you Marshall James!

We decorated his room with streamers and balloons to surprise him when he woke up. We divided up his birthday into two days. He opened some presents on the actual day and I made cupcakes. Grandma Walton also took him on a special date to get his favorite things- new cars, cars stickers, and ice cream at McDonalds. Then on Sunday we celebrated again with family. My parents and sister Lindsey were able to come and of course Grandma and Grandpa Walton. We love being so much closer to family!
-
with some new toys, new backpack, and new outfit

-
of course, a cars cake

-
blowing out the candle
-
eating the cake
-
His "Happy Birthday to Me!" face
As for the happy 4th anniversary post title- This was my sister Lindsey's code phrase while discussing a present around a certain someone who is too smart for his own good. You maybe had to have been there but gave us quite the laugh. So, happy 4th Anniversary Marshall!

2 comments:

Linds said...

Happy Happy Birthday! He is so fun! I can't believe he is 4!

Alyson said...

Cute cake Ashley. Glad it was a fun time for Marshall!