I am not one of those that "knows" what I am having. In fact, I am completely clueless until the ultrasound. Along with telling me he thought it was a girl he told me he really liked the name Elise (a name we had talked about before). We then started referring to my stomach as "baby Joel" or "baby Elise."
When we asked Marshall what he thought the baby was going to be- a Joel or an Elise- he ALWAYS said, "Baby Lise!" So, it was two against one. Derek and Marshall thought the baby was a girl and I thought the baby was a boy (but open to the thought that it could be either).
We have been very blessed to have a very good doctor from the beginning (thanks to all my fellow optometry-wife friends). We have already had 4 ultra sounds. At 16 and 1/2 weeks the doctor told us that he was 90% sure the baby was a girl. Thus, prooving that Marshall and Derek knew all along...
The due date is August 18
The baby's name will be Elise Pearl
We are VERY excited!

12 comments:
Hurray for girls!!!!! (:
Biggest congratulations going out to you and your family!
I'm very excited for your growing little family! Congrats!
Congrats!!! I hope you have a better time being pregnant than I do, you'd better post lots of pictures ;)
congrats!! very happy for you guys.
congrats! that is so exciting!
I can actually see the baby in the ultrasound picture. How exciting! Elise is my great-grandmother on one side and Pearl is my grandmother on the other. How delightful.
Brynne read this post with me and was quick to point out what all the body parts were in Elise's picture -- what a smart girl!
How exciting!!! Baby girls are the best!!! Our little Claira is due July 15th, so they will have to be pen-pals : ). Congrats guys, that awesome!. Hope all is well. Take care.
I'm glad she is still 90% a girl. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats to you! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she is here!
Congrats!!! That is so exciting! We are so happy for you guys. Girls are so much fun :)
Post a Comment